Friday, September 23, 2016

Cheeks and Lips - Orange Is My New Favorite Color!!!

Although I never in a million years would have thought I could say this….I LOVE ORANGE. It is the color this year and not just in clothes, it is actually less fool proof and more universal in makeup. I know you are thinking bright orange lips on the runway and telling yourself no way. Do it, it doesn’t have to be the shade of orange to match Bozo the Clown’s hair, opt for a coral or vibrant red with yellow/orange undertones to paint your pout. Play up the eyes and use a shimmery shade with orange/gold on your lids up to your crease of your shadow and don’t be scared to use it on your cheeks! However picking the right shade is crucial…. And I’ll be the first to admit that sometimes we don’t communicate with our mirrors so our vision alone isn’t always enough to keep us looking like we haven’t been accosted by crayola. Here are some tips……

Lips: Corals truly flatter every skin tone. Red Orange shades are best on fair skin tones or olive complexions. To lessen the intensity line lips with a true red and to intensify your coral or favorite shade line lips with orange. When you play up your lips with this powerful color, its usually best not to use it on your cheeks or eyes. When I use coral I like to pair it with a simple lined eye and a neutral blush.



Cheeks: Keep it on the apples, this is not a contouring color! Keep your lips simple and avoid vibrant colors on your eyes. I love to use tangerine shades of blush, paired with shimmer highlighter and shades of grey and brown on my lids. My personal favorite and universally flattering shade is Stila Convertible Color in Petunia. Its also great on your lips, just not together. It blends easily and leaves you with a dewy glow!

Eyes: When using orange around the eyes, remember that is your statement. Go natural on everything else!!! Brown mascara is less harsh and a MUST when using such a powerful color to frame the windows of your soul!

Just like we change our clothes with the season, we should enjoy new trends with our makeup!

No comments:

Post a Comment